take me directly to the download instructions
Version 3.6.0 M6
What is it?
The Object Teams Development Tooling is an extension to the Eclipse platform, serving as an integrated development environment (IDE). It embeds the role-based and aspect-oriented language Object Teams/Java into the IDE, providing software developers with a rich set of tools to support the development.
OTDT release info:
- OTDT 1.4 New&Noteworthy: Compilation of changes towards 1.4.0 (since 1.3.0).
- OTDT 1.3 New&Noteworthy: Compilation of changes in 1.2.1 - 1.3.0.
- Tickets resolved in 1.4.0 M3
- Tickets resolved in 1.4.0 M2
- Tickets resolved in 1.4.0 M1
- Tickets resolved in 1.3.2
- Tickets resolved in 1.3.1
- All tickets which have been resolved between 1.2.0 and 1.3.0
- Version 1.4.0: » jacks suite (2349 test cases) » junit suite (42973 test cases).
- Version 1.4.0 M3: » jacks suite (2349 test cases) » junit suite (42662 test cases).
- Version 1.4.0 M2: » jacks suite (2330 test cases) » junit suite (42518 test cases).
- Version 1.4.0 M1: » jacks suite (2309 test cases) » junit suite (42242 test cases).
- Version 1.3.2: » jacks suite (2291 test cases) » junit suite (41982 test cases).
- Version 1.3.1: » jacks suite (2263 test cases) » junit suite (41840 test cases).
- Version 1.3.0: » jacks suite (2243 test cases) » junit suite (41837 test cases).
See the Eclipse 3.5 New&Noteworthy:
User visible enhancements in Eclipse since release 3.4.0.
|OTDT at the Eclipse Marketplace:|
The OTDT 1.4.0
requires Eclipse 3.6.0 M6
to be installed running in a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.5.0
or greater. The previous stable release 1.3.2 is based on Eclipse 3.5.2.
Other than that the OTDT has no specific platform requirements.
Installing the OTDThints and background on installing/updating.
The OTDT is provided as a set of features installable from the following update sites:
http://www.objectteams.org/distrib/otdt-updates-1.4 -- Milestone builds towards 1.4.0
http://www.objectteams.org/distrib/otdt-updates-1.3 -- Previous stable release 1.3.2
This is what you will find on the update site:
|OTDT 1.4.x based on Eclipse 3.6||[recommended]
Category comprising all features of the OTDT
|Object Teams Development Tooling||
This umbrella feature includes the OTDT and the "OTDT Core Patch Feature" (not shown)
Installing this feature enables the Eclipse platform to host plugins written in OT/J.
- File permissions / shared install
The standard way of installing the OTDT requires write permissions in the Eclipse installation area. If you want to use a single read-only installation as the basis for several Eclipse configurations please see the hints on using a shared installation.
- Installing into a product
- If you intend to install the OTDT into an IBM Rational SDP or other Eclipse-based product, please refer to these special instructions.
OT/J command line compilerhints on using the command line compiler.
Place this jar file (approx. 2.5MB) into a location of your choice:
- ecotj-1.4.0.jar — all platforms
- Known issues
- Should you encounter problems with installing or launching the OTDT, you may want to consult the wiki page on trouble shooting.
- Notes on compatibility
The OTDT-feature replaces
the Eclipse Java compiler with the OT/J compiler,
which is in fact a modified version of Eclipse's Java compiler.
Find out about the compatibility to standard Java.
- Suggested memory setting
In order to avoid problems with low memory, we advise you to adjust the heap size in
- Source code access
- Fetch or browse the Source Code via anonymous subversion access.
- The newest OTDT is build on top of the newest 3.6 milestone release of Eclipse ("Helios")
- 1.4.0 Milestone x
- For the OTDT this is the x th milestone release within the 1.4 stream.
- The adapted JDT core plug-in contained in the OTDT is tagged with a version number where the first three parts match that version of the original JDT core from which the OTDT is derived (here "3.6.0"), while the version qualifier contains a condensed form of the OTDT version (here "r140"). This ensures that the framework accepts the OT-version of the JDT core as an upgrade over the original.
- Older software
- Version 1.3.x based on Eclipse 3.5.y is available here
Version 1.2.x based on Eclipse 3.4.y is available here
Version 1.1.x based on Eclipse 3.3.y is available here
Version 1.0.0 based on Eclipse 3.2.2 is available here
really old software is available here (just for documenting the history ;-)
Community and Feedback
|Please join our discussion in the eclipse.objectteams forum (new).|
|Browse our previous otj-users mailing list.|